1. NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and/or the number of contestants participating in the contest.
3. Participants and winners must be legal residents of California, at least eighteen (18) years or older, unless otherwise specified in a particular contest, and they must have a valid California ID and US social security number as of the date and time of entering any contest. Winners acknowledge that if they enter any Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. contest under a fraudulent name and/or social security number, they will automatically be disqualified from the contest and any future contests on Go Country 105.1 FM, KMZT 1260 AM, www.gocountry105.com, www.kmzt.com, or any other station or website affiliated with Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc.
4. Only one (1) entry per person per contest unless noted otherwise. Only one (1) entry per household per contest. Winners are not eligible to participate in any Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. contests for a period of sixty (60) calendar days from the date of qualifying for or winning a contest conducted or sponsored by Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc.
5. Employees of Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc., its affiliates, its representatives, the contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of any other broadcast company serving Southern California, and members of the immediate families of such persons and any individuals who have been employed by Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. in the sixty (60) calendar day period immediately preceding the effective date of the contest are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. In the event that Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. becomes aware after a prize has been awarded that the winner falls under the above category, the winner will be immediately disqualified and the prize will be revoked.
6. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winners must accept the prize by contacting the Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. promotions department only either by phone or e-mail within seven (7) calendar days after notification of winning, unless otherwise specified at the time of winning or unless specified for a particular contest. If a winner fails to contact the Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. promotions department by phone or e-mail within seven (7) calendar days, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. retains the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc.’s control. All prizes to be awarded within one hundred fifty (150) calendar days after the end of any contest, unless otherwise noted by the particular contest. All prizes involving tickets to an event or concert will be provided to the winner up through and including the day or night of the event or concert. Go Country 105 reserves the right to leave tickets for an event or concert at will call at the event or concert and to change how the tickets will be left from mail to will call or will call to mail at any time. For all giveaways that occur within two (2) weeks of an event or concert, Go Country 105 may require the winner to pick up their tickets in person at the Go Country 105 office.
7. Delivery of prizes: All prizes will be delivered to winners via United States Mail service, unless otherwise noted. No mailings to P.O. boxes. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for any lost, stolen, misdirected or damaged mail. Prizes lost or damaged in mailing will not be replaced.
8. Payment of taxes and related expenses: Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not expressly included as part of the prize.
9. Required documentation: Winners of prizes with a fair market value of $600 or greater must execute and return an IRS Form W-9 and an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, as well as any additionally required forms, and must provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number within seven (7) calendar days after receiving such forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Winners agree to accept the estimate of fair market value of the prize.
Winners of prizes with a fair market value of less than $600 may be requested to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number. Where such forms are requested, winners must execute and return such forms and documents within seven (7) calendar days after receiving the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. requires proof of each winner’s own social security number before a prize can be sent to the winner. Receipt of a prize may be delayed until such proof is received by Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. Prizes will be mailed within ninety (90) calendar days after they have been awarded, unless otherwise noted.
10. For contests with prizes involving travel: The winner and his/her guest(s), if any, agree to accept the travel dates specified in the contest. If the winner cannot travel on such dates, the prize will be forfeited. Winners agree to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc.’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winners and his/her guest(s) that accept any trip as a prize from Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. do so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside of the United States, winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited. Where a prize allows for the winner to take guests, the guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older except where the winner is the parent or legal guardian of the accompanying guest(s). The winner’s guest(s) (parent or legal guardian, if a guest is a minor) also must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, which must be returned with the winner’s affidavit of eligibility and liability release within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. No alternate guest(s) may be substituted once the winner’s guest(s) complete the required paperwork. The winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation including by not limited to any Visa requirements and fees. The winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for all costs not expressly included in a prize including, without limitation, any applicable taxes, license fees, additional tours, additional transportation, fuel surcharges, currency charges, all meals, beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, medical services, additional lodging, replacement of any lost items, optional travel insurance, etc. If airfare is included as part of a prize, airfare will be provided from Los Angeles International Airport, unless otherwise specified in a contest. If any part of the trip's itinerary does not take place as planned, for any reason, beyond the control of Global Jazz, Inc., including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, political conflicts or war or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Global Jazz, Inc.’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
11. Disorderly behavior and/or illegal conduct by a winner and or guest may result in revocation of a prize either before prize fulfillment and/or during the fulfillment of the prize including but not limited to during a concert or on a trip. If the winner and or guest have their prize revoked during fulfillment of the prize, both the winner and the guest will be asked to leave. Winner and or guest will be responsible for any and all costs once the prize has been revoked. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc, the tour operator, or the business providing the prize will make the determination if disorderly and/or illegal conduct warrants prize revocation. Any decision to revoke the prize for the above conduct is considered final.
12. Release of liability: All winners and their guests, by acceptance of any prize, agree to release and hold forever harmless Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc., its affiliated prize partners, its affiliated companies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in any contest, acceptance of any prize, use of any prize, or while traveling to or from any prize related activity. Winner and their guests also agree not to sue or bring an proceeding against any Release for, any claim or cause of action, whether known or unknown, including without limitation, for personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, invasion of right to privacy, publicity or personality, or based upon or relating to the exercise of any of the rights granted herein or any winner and guests participation in a promotion and/or acceptance and/or use of a prize.
13. If a concert, other ticketed event, gift certificate or coupon has been awarded as a prize and the concert, event, place of business, or product is postponed, rained out, cancelled or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur or continue to exist, Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. will not be responsible for replacing the prize. To the extent that any prize consists of airline tickets and/or hotel reservations, Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, lost ticket or overbooking.
14. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. has the sole discretion to terminate a contest at any given time or extend the dates of a contest. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. retains the right to amend these rules at any time for any reason.
15. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value upon notice or change to the contest rules. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc.’s contests and/or their associated prizes will be handled by the Director of Marketing for Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc., whose decisions are final and indisputable.
16. Choice of law: These rules and all contests are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Los Angeles County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of these rules and all contests.
17. Specific types of contests:
On-the-air contests: For on-air giveaway contests, the contest will begin as soon as the announcer announces on-air the number of the caller necessary to win the contest. For example, if the announcer states that the 105th caller will be the winner, the contest will begin as soon as this announcement is made. Calls for participants are taken in the order that they are received. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the telephone line, the winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. All persons that call in for on-air giveaways must be available by telephone at the number left on the Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. contest line. If the announcer asks listeners to text in to win, the designated texter will win. Standard text messaging rates apply for any text contests. All other rules apply for a text contest on-air and contest requiring a winner to call in. If a participant is selected by the announcer but does not answer the telephone, they will be disqualified and the next numerical participant will be designated the winner. If winners are announced on-air and are told to call back within a certain amount of time to claim a prize, they must call the announced Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. contest line to claim the prize. If the time lapses, the winner will be disqualified and another participant will be selected to win the prize. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for any telephone or cellular telephone malfunctions during the course of any contest. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. does not assume any liability for faulty, mistranscribed, misdirected/misdialed telephone communications or technical difficulties experienced by callers throughout the call-in portion of any contest. Please note that for listeners listening to the Go Country 105.1 FM or KMZT 1260 AM on an on-line stream, there may be a delay between what is heard on-air and the broadcast heard through the web stream. All on-air contests are based on the timing of when a listener is directed to call in through an on-air transmission, and not when it is heard through the internet stream.
Mail/facsimile contests: To enter a contest via mail or facsimile, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. Only one entry per person will be accepted unless otherwise specified on the air or in separate contest rules. Winning entry(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for late, misdirected, lost or mutilated mail, entry forms or faxes. No liability is assumed for any malfunction of computer equipment, fax machine equipment or fax machine telephone lines. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
Text contests: To enter a text contest, text the designated word or number announced either on-air or on-line to 36957. Standard text messaging rates apply. For contests requiring the designated texter, the listener submitting the designated text will win. For text contests requiring a word to be submitted, the winner(s) will be randomly selected from all entries with the designated word. The owner of the number that originated the text will be considered the winner. After Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. contacts the number of the winners of the selected contest, winner must contact the Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. promotions department within (7) calendar days. Rules listed above for accepting a prize within (7) calendar days apply.
Internet contests: To enter a contest on www.kmozart.com, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. does not assume any liability for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. Only one entry per person for each contest. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If an entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. When entering a contest via an advertiser’s web banner or logo hyperlink, Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is simply a “link” to that advertiser’s site.
To enter a contest on www.gocountry105.com, there are two types of web contests. For contests that require zero (0) points, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. does not assume any liability for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. Only one entry per person for each contest unless noted otherwise. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If an entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. When entering a contest via an advertiser’s web banner or logo hyperlink, Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is simply a “link” to that advertiser’s site.
The second type of web contest involves a points contest. No purchase is necessary with a points contests. Instead, listeners will be directed to gain points by either listening on-air or participating in activities on the station’s web site that will allow them to earn points. The points program is managed by Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. but operated by Triton Loyalty. To enter a points drawing online, you must be a registered member of the rewards service, which is subject to the Rewards Service Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated herein by reference. Registration is free of charge. To enter a points contest you must click to enter, or if points are required, you must submit the required number of points for an entry specified on the specific contest, at which time the points will be deducted from your account. The maximum number of entries allowed for each points contest (and the frequency with which you can enter, if multiple entries are permitted) is determined by the number of points you have. The number of points required for an entry will be determined separately for each contest. An entry will not be valid unless all of the required fields of the online registration form are completed and the information is valid. Once submitted, an entry cannot be deleted, canceled or modified, except by Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. or Triton Loyalty. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same computer, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized registrant of the rewards service username and password from which the entry is made. The authorized registrant is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned a username and password, and all decisions regarding the identity of the authorized registrant shall be made by Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. in its sole discretion. You may also participate in a contest through an offline entry. No Points are required for an offline entry. To enter offline, you must mail a 3" x 5" card to Go Country 105 at P.O. Box 250028, Los Angeles, CA 90025. You may enter offline as often as you wish, but limit one card per outer postmarked envelope. The card must include the following information in legible, hand-printed or typed English: your full legal name, complete home postal address, home telephone number with area code, the user name and email address you entered when you registered for the rewards service, your age, gender, Go Country Rewards, and the name of the contest. All offline entries must be received on or before the entry deadline , except that if a contest entry deadline is on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday , your offline entries must be received by the immediately preceding business day. If you are concerned about your mail-in entry being received by the entry deadline, then during the three business days immediately preceding the drawing date of a contest you may fax in a photocopy of your offline entry card for that contest to 310-445-1439 and attention it to promotions. Limit one card per facsimile. The facsimile must contain a photocopy of the card with the full information listed above and must be received by the entry deadline. After faxing a copy of your entry card, you must still mail in your original entry card for your facsimile entry to be valid. Your original entry card must be postmarked prior to the drawing date and must be received no later than 4 days after the drawing date. If your original entry card is not received by mail within 4 days after the drawing date, your facsimile entry will be void and you will forfeit any and all interest in the prize(s). Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for any incomplete, late, lost, misappropriated, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected mail-in entries, or for failure to receive online entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning or unavailability of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. Winner(s) of the on-line points contest will be randomly selected from all entries. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entrants and eligible entries received for each drawing.
Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the points contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the points contest. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. is not responsible for cheating or fraud by any entrants. If, for any reason, the points contest is not capable of operating as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the points contest, Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the points contest and award prizes among eligible entries received.
NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
To request a copy of these official rules and/or a list of winners after a contest ends, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Contest Rules [and/or] Winner Names, [include the name of the contest], Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasting, Inc., c/o Marketing Director, P.O. Box 250028, Los Angeles, CA 90025.